Most of the business owners we work with are over scheduled and have very little ‘free’ time so at first blush, you might be thinking that you don’t have time to listen to podcasts. Your busy schedule not withstanding, I propose that you can find time to listen to some of the best content for marketing and business building via podcasts. In 1989, Stephen R. Covey wrote The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and the 7th habit is Sharpening the Saw. Consider these podcasts as a way to sharpen the saw.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. The Accidental Creative with Todd Henry — Where do great ideas come from? For creative pros, the pressure continues to mount to produce better work, faster. We live in a create-on-demand world. The Accidental Creative podcast shares how to build practical, everyday practices that help you stay prolific, brilliant and healthy in life and work. I love this podcast and the guests that Todd interviews. One of my absolute favorites was the recent interview with David Allen, Author of Getting Things Done.
2. New Rainmaker with Brian Clark — New Rainmaker provides the knowledge you need to build your own digital platform for marketing and sales. Brian has been one of my favorite authorities in the digital space for years, having built a huge platform by providing truly useful content for business owners and online marketers. A recent podcast that talks about the perfect online business model is a must listen.
3. Duct Tape Marketing with John Jantsch — Interviews with authors, experts and thought leaders sharing business marketing tips, tactics and resources. John provides current perspectives on marketing strategies for both online and offline tactics. He does an excellent job of balancing the fleeting tactics of social media with practical, sustainable marketing strategy. One of my favorite episodes was with Capt. Sully Sulenberger who is best known for the Miracle on the Hudson that saved hundreds of lives.
4. The #AskGaryVee Show with Gary Vaynerchuk — No stranger to colorful and energetic banter, Gary does actually fit in sound business strategy and current events amongst his rants and pitches to buy the Jets. I don’t have a favorite episode, but if you are looking for an over top, energetic burst of content, check him out.
5. Seth Godin’s Startup School — Seth Godin is a thought leader in the marketing and business world. In this rare live recording, hear Seth as he guides thirty entrepreneurs through a workshop exploring how they can build and run their dream business. All 15 episodes have great tips and strategy for creating sound marketing strategy.
6. The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes — Lifestyle Entrepreneur, former pro athlete and world record holder in football. The goal of the School of Greatness is to share inspiring stories from the most brilliant business minds, world-class athletes and influential celebrities on the planet; to help you find out what makes great people great. I enjoy Lewis’ guests as well as his focused short bursts of inspiration.
Take at least 30 minutes a day to sharpen the saw. I believe any one of these podcasts can give you insight to help you build the business you want.