A little known addition to LinkedIn could turn your content marketing on it’s ear. LinkedIn has added a blog feature for all users that will now allow you to share your relevant content with your network. It works just like most WYSIWYG editors, fully functional with adding hyperlinks, images and robust text.
When you are logged in to LinkedIn and you are looking at the top of your stream, you will see the SHARE AN UPDATE box. The box gives you the ability to attach a file or create a POST. All you have to do is click the pencil in the box.
When the pencil is activated, you will then see a post screen that looks like this:
Create the post, following the excellent tips from Daniel Roth, Executive Editor at LinkedIn,
Once your post is published, if your account is linked to your Twitter account, you will have the option to share on Twitter.
When published, your post is ready to read and available in your contact’s stream as well on the Pulse of LinkedIn.
Yes, there are analytics. You can see how many people see your post in their stream and of course all the share and like options are there as well.
What does this mean for you? Reach your LinkedIn contacts with relevant content and you could expand your network exponentially and get more eyeballs on your business’ products and services. A couple of tips if you do post on LinkedIn:
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and relevant.
- Stay in your lane. Create posts within your core business. Don’t randomly clutter the stream with information that is not relevant to your audience.
- Use links. Whenever possible, lead the reader where you want them to go. If you are sharing specifically about your business, it won’t hurt to put a hyperlinked bit of text in the post.
- Use an image. Images matter in all blog posts. Don’t leave them out.
- Share from LinkedIn to your social profiles as well. This will maximize exposure for the content and bring people back to your profession profile.
Best of luck!